Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Favorite Quotes

"Preach the gospel always, if necessary use words." ~St. Francis of Assisi

I like this quote because it really depicts what God wants Christians to do, preach the gospel.  It also shows that as Christians, it isn't good enough to just tell people about Him, we have to live everyday to worship him.  In the words of my FCA leader, Mr. Williams "You can't talk about the love of God on Friday, and then cuss and slap a kid on Monday morning, it has to be real."

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." ~Matthew 5:8

This one is just about the same as the last one.  It shows that if we live our lives for Him all of the time, and let our lives be a temple for God, then he will bless us with little things all the time.

"Be the one you want others to become" ~1 Corinthians 4:16

This is the same also.  We have to show everyone else in the world God's love for us, and the best way to do that is by showing it through our lives.  We have to live like Jesus.  The word Christian literally means Christ-Like, so if we call ourselves one, we have to act like the name.

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

I like this quote because it tells that if you try hard enough and work hard at it, then you will succeed.  Sometimes I need this quote because I wonder why I am not getting good grades or not getting what I want, and it helps me remember that I probably need to work harder next time.  It also makes me feel good about myself when I do accomplish a goal.  Also, Walt Disney, or at least his company, is my favorite movie and TV show maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment